Wedding Elegance is proud to be a part of the US Grant Luxury showcase this year. The event showcases a collection of fashion designers, retailers, wedding coordinators, entertainers and photographers, as well as florists and wedding cake designers. Come meet with us and let us help you simplify your wedding planning!
So we’ve all heard it before, but what makes weddings “green”? There is no measurable standard as of yet, but there are plenty of innovative and creative tips that couples can use to incorporate into a green wedding. Green Weddings are growing more popular as people are becoming more earth-conscious these days. From the planning process to the Big Day, here are a few tips you can expend to not only achieve the perfect green wedding, but to obtain a cleaner environment!
From save-the-dates to RSVPs to ceremony programs, the amount of paper used in your wedding stationary definitely adds up. Amid habitat destruction and the global warming crisis, it is essential to find eco-friendly substitutes. Consider tree-free paper alternatives (such as hemp or bamboo) or 100% post-consumer recycled stock (such as old newspapers and magazines) in your wedding invitations.
- Go Green with the printer by using soy- or vegetable-based inks.
Paperless Annoucements–Using Technology to Save Money & Trees
- Go Greener with paperless announcements! Take advantage of the cyber world—personalized save-the-dates can be sent via email. Setting up a wedding website is easy with no fuss and it reduces the amount of paper needed to share important information with guests! (think RSVPs, program, ceremony & reception locations)
Eco-friendly wedding flowers that are organic and sustainable usually are free from chemical pesticides and insecticides. Look for flowers that are organically grown, in-season, and grown locally. Silk flowers are another great option as well.
- Go Green at your reception by having potted plants instead of traditional centerpieces; this way, your guests can bring them home!
- Go Greener with an outdoor wedding and/or reception! Nature will surround you and your guests on your Big Day as the backdrop—thus saving you more green, if you know what I mean!
3) Your Local Farmer’s Market
Your wedding attire will be one of the most important choices, and there are many eco-friendly options for every budget. Wearing your mother’s or friend’s gown is definitely an easy and eco-friendly option. If that’s not available, you can rent or buy something you’ll wear again (and let your bridesmaids do the same!).
- Go Green by picking clothes made of sustainable fabrics, such as hemp or organic cotton
- Go Greener buying your dress from charity, such as Brides Against Breast Cancer, at remarkable prices with proceeds going towards Breast Cancer Research.
Catering, Food & Drinks
Choosing local, organic and seasonal foods is a great green move. You can ask your caterer if they can prepare the food organically. After the event, consider donating the leftovers to a homeless shelter or local food bank (Check Out http://feedingamerica.org/ for more information); this way, food will not be discarded, but will go to an excellent cause!
· Go Green by hiring a local company who uses only local ingredients
· Go Greener by using non-disposable plates and utensils, or recycled materials
Some Organic Caterer Suggestions:
2) http://www.localharvest.org/ to find organic restaurants in your area!
From simple and tasteful weddings to fancy and elaborate weddings, there are many “green” options to choose from. You can preserve our environment, and still have the perfect wedding! Cheers!
You know the old cliché “The difference between ordinary and extraordinary–is in that little ‘extra’”.
So what exactly is that little extra?
- In timed races, the difference between a silver and gold medal depends entirely on performance. Most often, the champion wins by less than 1/10th of a second.
- If you made 1 or 2 more sales calls everyday, that’s 500 more sales calls each year!
- Spending a few extra minutes each morning using SPF cream moisturizes and protects your skin from the sun’s damaging rays; thus, maintaining a youthful, and healthy glow for incredible skin.
So how does this pertain to us, you may ask? We make ordinary days–extraordinary! Excellence and quality is the goal of our profession, and we strive to Plan, Perform, and Present your event that suits you to a Tee! We work with you one step at a time, every step of the way–until the Big Day! From weddings to private functions, no detail is overlooked with
At Wedding Elegance, every event–large or small–will be an extraordinary event, because we believe it is all in the details! We are committed to honoring your unique visions and style…And you will notice the difference!
To end with the Quote of the Day:
Martin Luther King said, “If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted or Beethoven composed music or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweet streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, ‘Here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well”.
Cheers, and don’t forget to make it an extraordinary day!
Welcome to Wedding Elégance, your #1 source for Weddings, Events and Private Parties design and coordination. Please feel free to browse our website and don’t forget to contact us should you have any questions.