The exchanging of garlands is a crucial part of an Indian wedding, and and the marriage is not considered complete until the garlands are exchanged between the bride and groom. The garlands are made out of flowers and thread, and while the flowers symbolize aspiration, excitement, and happiness, the thread Read more →
Questions to Ask Your Wedding Vendors- Baker
- At February 13, 2013
- By Nahid
- In Cake and Desserts, Tips and Advice, Vendors
Consultations with new vendors can be a daunting task, even for the most organized and prepared couple. To help our couples with these sometimes overwhelming appointments, we are going to give you a few must-ask questions for meeting with potential vendors, focusing on a different vendor each week. This week, we will be giving tips on questions to ask your baker when first meeting with them.
* Make sure to take inspiration boards, color swatches, and/or table linens
* Will cake stands be provided, or is this an additional cost?
* How far in advance are the cakes baked, and how is it kept fresh until the wedding date
* Who delivers the cake to the venue- good to know in case something goes wrong during transportation
Although this is just the start of a good list of questions to ask when meeting a prospective baker, make sure you also find someone who truly understands the tone you want to set for you wedding- as well as a yummy and satisfying dessert, of course!
(Photo credits: Whipped Bakeshop, LovelyGirls Events, Whipped Bakeshop, SusieCakes Bakery on Yelp)