Here at Wedding Elegance By Nahid, we love to help our couples infuse blended cultures into their wedding day. We have a decade of experience in ensuring that traditions are respected and incorporated into one wedding that will be memorable to our couples, their families, and their guest. This was Read more →
The 7 Blessings of a Hindu Wedding
There are many important aspects of a Hindu wedding ceremony- one of the most important is the fire ceremony. During this fire ceremony, the highlight is the Saptapadi, when the bride and groom, hand in hand, step seven times around the fire. This part of the ceremony seals their bond as husband and wife forever.
You may wonder why there are seven steps taken around the fire, and what each step represents. Here is a simple breakdown:
1. May the couple always be blessed with an abundance of comforts and resources, and always be helpful to one another in all aspects.
2. May the couple be strong and complement each other, mentally, spiritually, and physically.
3. May the couple be blessed with prosperity and riches- in all ways.
4. May the couple have eternal love and trust together.
5. May the couple be blessed with a happy family life and children.
6. May the couple live in harmony together- staying true to their promises to themselves and one another.
7. May the couple always remain best friends.
(Image credits: Maharani Weddings, 14 Gaam, Adult Awkwardness,Entouraaj, Shaadi with Style, Brian Kraft,Brian Kraft)